Pink Ribbon is organized exclusively for charitable, educational and scientific purposes. We provide information, resources and support. We promote research into the causes, prevention, treatment and a possible cure
AwarenessPink Ribbon International is a non profit organization dedicated to create a global community to support breast cancer patients and promote awareness for breast cancer
We assist, directly or indirectly, third-party charitable organizations involved in any aspect of breast cancer awareness and research. And we conduct any and all lawful activities which may be useful in accomplishing these purposes
The basis of our commitment
Pink Ribbon is organized exclusively for charitable, educational and scientific purposes. In furtherance of the foregoing charitable, educational and scientific purposes, Pink Ribbon International shall:
- Create worldwide awareness for breast cancer.
- Provide information, resources, support and guidance for patients, caregivers, providers, and all persons whose lives have been affected directly or indirectly by breast cancer.
- Promote and focus research into the causes, prevention, treatment, cure and other medical aspects of breast cancer.
- Assist, directly or indirectly, any third-party charitable organizations involved in any aspect of breast cancer awareness and research.
- Conduct any and all lawful activities which may be useful in accomplishing the foregoing purposes.
We define our objectives with the 5 A’s:
- Awareness – public awareness and acceptance of breast cancer related issues (examining, education, research)
- Alignment – global alignment of local, national and international breast cancer initiatives
- Advocacy – advocating for funding Public, Government, Health Care Institutions and Industry
- Accreditation – procedure for using the official ribbon, preventing hoaxes and abuse
- Alliances – partnering with Public, Government, Health Care Institutions and Industry without losing independence
Pink Ribbon is dedicated to the following deliverables:
- Maintaining Pink Ribbon Website
- Publishing Pink Ribbon Magazine
- Issuing Pink Ribbon Awards
- Selecting Pink Ribbon Ambassadors
- Initiating Pink Ribbon Activities
- A guaranteed minimum of 90% of all revenue (donations and merchandize) made by Pink Ribbon Inc. is labelled for international accredited research focused on the origins of breast cancer.
- The remaining 10% up to a maximum of $ 20.000 (2011) is allocated to cover internal administative costs like maintaning our 30 international websites, domain names, trademarks, telephone, translation and accounting costs. This makes Pink Ribbon a most credible and efficient organisation currently existing.
- Board members or volunteers do not receive renumeration or coverage of any expenses.
- No funds are transferred without being fully legitimized by the board.
- Pink Ribbon is a public charity as defined by subparagraph (a)(5) of Section 102 (Definitions) of the Not-for-Profit Corporation Law.
- Pink Ribbon International is organized exclusively for charitable, educational and scientific purposes, within the meaning of Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986.
- Contributions are deductible under section 170 of the Code. Pink Ribbon is qualified to receive tax deductible bequests, devises, transfers and gifts under section 2055, 2106 and 2522 of the Code. Donations are tax deductible (EIN: 42-1766709 DLN: 700288004)
HSBC Bank USA, N.A.
PO. Box 2013 Buffalo, NY 14240
Account number 136-734804
*The ABA# or Routing Transit Number is for domestic (within the US) electronic funds transfers.
*The Swift is for International electronic funds transfers.
PIN RIBBON INC. (not for profit corporation)
3000 Marcus Avenue, Suite 3w4
Lake Success NY 11042
United States of America
Anonymous volunteers help us in Pink Ribbon International
Many people support charitable foundations through donations, while others choose to volunteer. These volunteers can be seen as ambassadors for the cause. You too can be an ambassador for breast cancer, by volunteering at local affiliates of breast cancer foundations, or by simply participating in breast cancer events.